The aim of this programme is to educate and raise awareness on the above topic in a non-formal way and empower people to be more aware of the issues around alcohol and drug misuse and is in conjunction with other drug education the group receive.
This programme is delivered through various methods ie groupwork, quiz, video and other visual aids
- To explore the use & misuse of legal and illegal substances in society and implications.
- To explore the health and social implications of drug use and phases of addiction.
- To promote awareness when decision-making on issues relating to alcohol and its use.
- To explore and increase the young people’s knowledge of Cigerettes/Vapes, Alcohol,Cannabis, Ecstasy & Cocaine use.
- To provide awareness of the personal and social implications of drug use in the life of a young person.
- To provide awareness of the personal and social dangers of heroin & other illegal drugs (optional)
- To be able to apply their own increased awareness and understanding to decision-making in relation to substance use.
- To provide help & support available in their local area